On Wednesday, January 4, the State Board of Education will have open topic testimony. This is your chance to testify on any topic of concern to public education, charter schools, regulations, professional development, evaluaions, PARCC, SGOs and SGPs.
It’s CRITICAL that board members hear from NJEA members about what’s happening in schools.
The meeting starts at 10 a.m. Public testimony begins at 2 p.m. Those members who do not wish to testify but still wish to attend the meeting are welcome as well. Those interested in attending might need to take a personal day, a professional day, or a union day.
- Go to https://homeroom5.doe.state.nj.us/events/, click on all upcoming events, and scroll down to January 4 to register. The deadline for registering is Thursday, Dec. 29 at noon.
- When registering, register for open topic.
- If you are uncertain as to whether you will receive the day off, please register, as you can always cancel your spot.
- You will need to write your own testimony and bring six copies with you. We can provide you with some key points, but you will need to write the testimony yourself.
- Once you have registered, or if you are just attending the meeting, please contact Liz Rylak at email@example.com so we have an accurate count and can send you more information.
Questions? Please call NJEA Government Relations at 609-599-4561.
Download the Flyer: lobbyday_jan42017